Friday, April 17, 2009

Einsteinturm

As I was doing more research on German Expressionism I came across its architecture and I was stunned. Especially by the Einstein Tower also called Einsteinturm. Built from 1920 to 1921 by Erich Mendelsohn (a little knowledge never hurt anyone. haha) this observatory is cited as a landmark of expressionist architecture and I wont argue. 

Side note- I am no expert in architecture and I only recently developed a liking for it so if any of you would kindly point me in the direction of your favourite architects I shall surely be thankful. 

2 comments:

Syed said...

That is so beautifully sculpted! I love architecture, it's always fascinating to see design and function come together in interesting ways. I love I.M. Pei, and American architects like Frank Gehry or Frank Lloyd Wright.

Robbie Delon said...

Thanks for the names. Ill check them out and let you know what I think. Oh and did you get my email?