Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spain

I really wish I had words to describe everything I saw. I sure can't describe what I'm seeing now. All I know is that its bending and modifying what is considered as a basic norm for tailoring. This is done by changing the way the clothes fit, look and feel. The following pictures are of looks from various spanish designers who have changed or modified basic pieces of tailoring as  I had mentioned in a previous post. Below each photo will be the designer's name and the basic object that has been changed.

Both the above looks are from Karlota LasPalas. The shirt in the first photo and the shorts in the second.
Josep Abril - the shirt but more specifically the collar.
Jan Iu Mes - again the shirt collar.
Davidelfin - The suit jacket.
Bohento - The suit jacket.
Ana Locking - The coat. 

All from their respective autumn winter 09 shows.

Also if any of you would like to help me to describe any of the looks in this post please do drop me an email at robbiedelon@gmail.com or drop a comment in the blog.

4 comments:

Syed said...

I am totally in love with that first batwing shirt by Karlota LasPalas, the proportions are fabulous. And I'd love to rock that Jan Iu Mes look. The cardigan looks so fantastic, and I'm loving the skinny club-like collar.

Ca said...

The suit jacket and hat is really impressive. Just so dramatic yet elegant, haha, I like!

Robbie Delon said...

@ dapper kid - The Jan Iu Mes autumn 09 show was simply beautiful. Here's a link to increase your Jan Iu Mes desires haha - http://giancinephile.numeriblog.fr/mon_weblog/2009/03/jan-iu-mes.html

@ ca - Haha, I loved that look but I didn't have a clue on how to describe it haha and I don't think it would have been as impressive without the hat, haha and he's wearing white socks and they don't really look bad for him haha.

Giancinephile said...

Jan Iu Mes is an ultimate favourite!!!! I've been a fan from day 1.

Ana Locking, El Delgado Buil, Davidelfin and Carlos Diez also are fine labels.