Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nasir Mazhar


How much talent do you need to make something this beautiful? How much imagination do you need to take a pair of shoes and make a mask? Let me introduce you to Nasir Mazhar who transformed a pair of Reebok Classics into masks for this editorial for Another Man SS 07, styled by none other than Nicola Formichetti and photographed by Horst Diekgerdes. I seriously want one of theses although I doubt I would ever go out in public with these on. I could make one - the one on top maybe but for that I would have to buy a pair of trainers (biggest size available i think), cut the soles out and attach the laces on both shoes together, but since I am suffering from lack of funds I don't think its gonna be possible anytime soon haha. Also I'm puzzled by the construction of the mask in the second photo. And don't be shy to drop by a comment. Its always nice to hear from people that visit this blog. 

1 comment:

Ca said...

So unconventionally and geniusly done! A mask of shoes, how creative.

And thank you for the comments on my new blog. Likewise, I also enjoy hearing from the readers.